To answer most of your questions and so that you can come well informed to the hut, here is some key information:
- Remember to book; we don't want you to sleep in the doorway.
- For visitors with a special diet, we offer vegetarian, gluten- or lactose-free dishes on prior request. In case of allergies, please inquire with our team! Specify this information when you make your reservation please.
- Please take with you your “liner” to sleep.
- If you like, you can request an overnight stay without half board. Unfortunately, there is no possibility to cook by your own means in the hut.
Once at the hut:
- Check-in between 11:00 a.m. and 05:30 p.m. Thank you for spontaneously presenting your alpine club and guide membership cards to benefit a reduction.
- Evening meal at 6:30 p.m. - Breakfast depends on the season and the mountain conditions.
- You can buy a picnic to take away for CHF 15.-, that can be ordered at the hut until 4:00 p.m. the day of your stay.
- We accept cash payments or credit cards. For the payment of your invoices, please make one payment by group (one invoice per group - one credit card).
- We are a high mountain hut, and it follows: no electricity for customers, no drinking water (only melted snow…), no tap water during winter season. You can buy bottles of water, or boiled water. To charge your electronic devices, either you take your external battery, or you can charge your device at the hut for CHF 2.- (this is a participation in the cost of diesel used for the generator, brought up by helicopter; electricity in the mountains is a luxury product…). For security reasons, we charge one mobile phone per group free of charge.
- Please take your waste back down to the valley.
To change or to cancel your reservation:
- Any cancellation or change of your reservation must be made directly in the reservation system, no later than 48 hours before your arrival. If you are already on your way, call us to change or to cancel please.
- NO SHOW TAX = According to the CAS hut terms, the hutkeeper has the right to ask for a "no-show" tax from visitors or groups who have not canceled their reservation at least 48 hours before their arrival. The reference time is 6:00 p.m. The maximum amount of no-show costs can be up to the total value of the booked services (overnight stay and half-board).
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us, we will be pleased to help you. You can find our contact information at the bottom of this page.
- Bus service Sion-Arolla or Arolla-Sion: postauto.ch
- Sports shop at Arolla, Bournissen Sports: bournissensports.ch
- Avalanche and snow information: slf.ch
- Weather report at Cabane des Vignettes: meteoblue.com
- Mountain Rescue: ocvs.ch
- Tourism Evolène: evolene-region.ch
Mountain rescue phone number: 144