To answer most of your questions and so that you can come well informed to the hut, here is some key information:
- Remember to book; we don't want you to sleep in the doorway.
- For visitors with a special diet, we offer vegetarian, gluten- or lactose-free dishes on prior request. In case of allergies, please inquire with our team! Specify this information when you make your reservation please.
- Please take with you your “liner” to sleep.
- If you like, you can request an overnight stay without half board. Unfortunately, there is no possibility to cook by your own means in the hut.
Once at the hut:
- Check-in between 11:00 a.m. and 05:30 p.m. Thank you for spontaneously presenting your alpine club and guide membership cards to benefit a reduction.
- Evening meal at 6:30 p.m. - Breakfast depends on the season and the mountain conditions.
- You can buy a picnic to take away for CHF 15.-, that can be ordered at the hut until 4:00 p.m. the day of your stay.
- We accept cash payments or credit cards. For the payment of your invoices, please make one payment by group (one invoice per group - one credit card).
- We are a high mountain hut, and it follows: no electricity for customers, no drinking water (only melted snow…), no tap water during winter season. You can buy bottles of water, or boiled water. If the weather is fine, you can charge your electronic devices free of charge until 6pm. In the evening or in bad weather, we ask for a contribution of CHF 2.00 per charge (the generator runs on diesel which was brought up by helicopter. Electricity in the mountains is a real luxury...). For safety reasons, we charge one mobile phone per party free of charge in bad weather.
- Please take your waste back down to the valley.
To change or to cancel your reservation:
- Any cancellation or change of your reservation must be made directly in the reservation system, no later than 48 hours before your arrival. If you are already on your way, call us to change or to cancel please.
- "No-shows" = In accordance with the CAS rules for cabins, the warden will charge a "no-show" fee to individuals or groups who fail to cancel their reservation at least 48 hours before their arrival. The rates are as follows:
- Up to 2 days before arrival, before 6 p.m.: free of charge
- Less than 2 days before arrival (>6pm): CHF 55 per person per night
- No show: CHF 79 per person per night
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us, we will be pleased to help you. You can find our contact information at the bottom of this page.
- Bus service Sion-Arolla or Arolla-Sion: postauto.ch
- Sports shop at Arolla, Bournissen Sports: bournissensports.ch
- Avalanche and snow information: slf.ch
- Weather report at Cabane des Vignettes: meteoblue.com
- Mountain Rescue: ocvs.ch
- Tourism Evolène: evolene-region.ch
Mountain rescue phone number: 144